Gluten Free Baby food recipes
Poultry and Fish
Cod and Vegetable Pie - Mini turkey burgers
From 6 months of age
Baby food recipes containing poultry and fish still have a mild flavour and are an ideal way to introduce some protein into your baby's diet from around 6-7 months of age.
Baby's teeth will start to come through around this time, so you can begin to introduce foods with a little texture in them, so that he can learn to chew.
You will probably find that Baby likes to join you at mealtimes, and cries if he doesn't get some of what you are eating!
Here are some simple gluten free baby food recipes that you might like to prepare for your little one.
Cod and Vegetable Pie
- 150g (5oz) cod
- 420g (14oz) potatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 180g (6oz) carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 180g 6oz) broccoli (small florets)
- 120ml (4 fl oz) breast, formula or full fat cow's milk
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 heaped tablespoon margarine
- Steam the fish. Flake and remove the skin and bones.
- Boil potatoes, carrots and broccoli
- Process all the ingredients to desired consistency, together with the milk, herbs and margarine.
NOTE: Allow the food to cool in the fridge, and then what is not used at meal time can be frozen for another day.
Mini Turkey Burgers or Patties
Ingredients for 12 burgers
- 450g (1 lb) turkey breast, chopped roughly or minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon herbe (thyme, oregano or parsley)
- 1 apple, peeled and grated (squeeze out excess juice)
- 50g (2 oz) fresh gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp gluten free Worcestershire sauce
- 1 chicken stock cube (unsalted and gluten free) dissolved in 1.5 tbsp boiling water
- 50g (2oz) plain gluten free flour
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 75g (3oz) fresh gluten free breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil for frying
- Mix together the turkey, onion, herbs and apple. Chop for a few seconds in a food processor.
- Return the mixture to a large bowl and stir in the 50g breadcrumbs, stock and Worcestershire sauce.
- Using your hands form the mixture into 12 burgers (patties).
- Dip the burgers in the flour, then the egg and coat with the rest of the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and sauté the burgers for about 4 minutes on each side, until golden brown and cooked through.
Other baby food recipes on the site
Home Page -
Gluten free baby food -
Baby food recipes