Gluten Free Breakfast Bar Recipe
Need a quick and easy gluten free breakfast bar recipe that you can make yourself?
Here is one that fits the bill. Having these on hand means you can grab one as you leave the house in the morning and eat it en route.
Gluten free breakfasts need not be a problem any longer!
You could also use these for a snack at any time of day, part of a packed lunch or a treat for picnics.
Healthy breakfast bars - ingredients
- 1 small can of condensed milk
- 4oz (100g) gluten free oats or millet flakes
- 4oz (100g) sultanas
- 4oz (100g) sesame seeds
- 4oz (100g) sunflower seeds
- 4oz (100g) pumpkin seeds
- 3oz (75g) soft brown sugar
- 3oz (75g) margarine
- Pinch of mixed spice
- pinch of ground cinnamon
How to make your breakfast bars
- Place the following ingredients into a bowl: oats, sultanas, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and spices. Mix together.
- Take a clean saucepan and empty in the condensed milk and add the sugar and butter. Heat gently, mixing these together with a wooden spoon. Once combined removed from the heat.
- Make a well in the middle of your dry mix, and pour the contents of the saucepan into the mixing bowl.
- With a metal spoon, mix the ingredients together ensuring all the dry mix is covered. Then spoon into a greased cake tin (I usually use a 9 inch sized one), firming this down around the edges.
- Bake in the oven at 180C/375F for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Score with a knife and remove from cake tin. Allow to cool on a cooling rack.
Store in the refrigerator, in an airtight container for up to 1 week (the chances are they will not last that long, as they are very tempting.)
In a similar vein you may also enjoy the following gluten free recipes...
Don't forget to check out my breakfasts page for more ideas.
Home Page -
Breakfast bar recipe