Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Recipe
Treat yourself to a delicious gluten free chocolate cake today! This recipe is also egg and lactose free.
- 2 cups gluten free flour mix
- 1 cup gf cocoa
- 2 tsp (10 ml) bicarbonate of soda
- 2 bananas
- 110 ml vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp ( 25 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 500 ml cold water
- Sieve together the first four ingredients into a bowl.
- Pop the bananas, oil, vinegar, sugar and water into a blender and whizz together.
- Pour into a large bowl.
- Stir in the dry, sieved ingredients then pour the mixture into a large rectangular greased baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 180 degrees C (350 degrees F).
Gluten free chocolate cake topping
Heat the following ingredients in a small saucepan...
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons gf cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
In a bowl stir together the following...
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch (cornflour in the UK)
- 4 tablespoons (50 ml) cold water
- Add a little of the hot mixture to the cornflour paste and stir, then add the rest.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan. Stir, and bring to the boil.
- Turn it down to a simmer for 5 minutes until thickened.
- Remove from the heat, and allow to cool properly before pouring it over the gluten free chocolate cake.
An alternative cake topping
- half a cup honey (or agave syrup)
- half a cup oil
- half a cup cocoa powder
Spread over the cake and enjoy.
More gluten free cakes
Home Page -